Using Provisional Values in Label Preview

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

ncvetojevic
Newcomer

Using Provisional Values in Label Preview

Post by ncvetojevic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Hello,
I am trying to design a form that will show up for my employees to help them select the right label they need for a particular product or customer. Currently I have many different types of labels so containing just a simple logo and others could contain a text field to enter upon printing and/ or a field that is populated upon being selected from a database. I originally wanted to use buttons on my form and each button would be linked to another form for the printing of the label. I came to the realization that if I had many buttons on the form my employees wouldn't know which label they are selecting because they can't see a preview of it. Therefore I thought of putting a label preview window above each button that shows them an example of what the label looks like before they select it. The problem I am having is the label preview is not showing provisional values. For example I have a "Part Number" field on a particular label and this field is populated when an employee selects a record from a database. During the setup of the label, I set as the provisional value to say "Part Number". Unfortunately the label preview does not show provisional value and instead shows the first record in the database. Is there a way to show this provisional value in the label preview?

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Using Provisional Values in Label Preview

Post by dado » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi

You cannot show provisional values in the label previews. Previews show what the label would look like when it is printed... so it uses the current values of the variables.

Regards, Damjan