Print qeue showing incorrect label count

Software technical issues not related to any of the other categories

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

zbina
Valued Contributor

Print qeue showing incorrect label count

Post by zbina » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Hello,
Our print qeue is showing laebel count "1" when I send <75 labels to the printer. Labels are taken one by one by operator. For example I sent 64 labels for printing and print qeue shows only 1, but pritnts out correct number (exactly 64 labels).
On the label, there is number (variable), which means label number (1, 2, 3, ...) so labels are not the same, each one is unique.
When I send large number of labels, qeue shows correct number. See picture to understand.
We are printing via LAN, printer is Zebra ZM400 200 dpi ZPL, printer is installed on our printer server czlib_ps101.
Any ideas why is this happening?
Attachments
qeue.PNG
qeue.PNG (29.12 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Print qeue showing incorrect label count

Post by dado » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:47 am

Hi

It would help if you also attached a label. Specify which printer driver and version you're using and maybe attach a print stream that is sent to the printer.

Anyway I believe that I know why this is happening. When you print a label that contains a simple rectangle and nothing else and you set print quantity to 100. What actually happens is that Designer sends one print stream to the printer and tells the printer to print it 100 times. Because of that you can only see that one page was sent to the printer.
Also when you print a counter that contains printer's internal fonts. In that case Designer sends to the printer only one print stream. The value for the counter holds the data from what number the counter will begin and when it ends and also which font it will use. And because of that only one print stream is generated.

And another thing.... the value that is shown in the "See what's printing" Pages column is not quantity.

Regards,
Damjan

zbina
Valued Contributor

Re: Print qeue showing incorrect label count

Post by zbina » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Thank you, Damjan, for your answer.

I fact on Windows 7, everything worked as it should be, but then we changed the computer, intalled Windows 10 and problems started to show up :) Its that bloody Windows, i think. Problem is still there, but I think it is not so big problem, printer works, that is important. But still.. I am sending some example, look at it, maybe you will figure out whats wrong.

When I send 25 labels to the printer, page count shows only 1, when I send 75+, it shows correct number,

Thanks again,
Zdenek.
Attachments
stream.JPG
stream.JPG (128.5 KiB) Viewed 928 times
VW370.xls
(66 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
VW370.nlbl
(11.82 KiB) Downloaded 81 times