Check if Editable Field Has Valid Number Before Opening Form

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

ncvetojevic
Newcomer

Check if Editable Field Has Valid Number Before Opening Form

Post by ncvetojevic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello,
I am currently using Nicelabel 2017 PowerForms. I designed a form that has various buttons that are linked to other forms. These secondary forms are just custom print forms for different types of labels that I have created. These secondary forms contain databases and specific editable fields particular to the label that is linked to that form. On the main form, I have added a editable field for label quantity (since quantity relates to all of the forms) and named the variable "Quantity". Is there a way where upon clicking on any of the buttons on my main form, the quantity field value is checked to see if it's greater than or equal to 1, if it's not, output a message telling the user to enter the proper quantity and prevent from opening the print form for that selected button?

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Check if Editable Field Has Valid Number Before Opening Form

Post by Kyleodonnell » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 pm

ncvetojevic

You would use conditions on powerforms actions to stop a form from opening if a value does not match a quantity variable. Also, you can use a message box action that uses a condition as well to prompt the user to enter the correct quantity