Change SQL database name

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

label.creation
Newcomer

Change SQL database name

Post by label.creation » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 am

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to change the name of a SQL database/connection string.

The content, tables of the database is the same, however the db name is different. i.e ChickenCompany.test and ChickenCompany.live

I've created the label and mapped everything using the SQL db ChickenCompany.test and now that it's working, i want to move it to ChickenCompany.live however, if I use the wizard it removes all connections and they require remapping. Since the db is the same just different name, is there any way I could edit the ConnectionString to look for ChickenCompany.live instead of ChickenCompany.test

I really would rather not remap all these links and functions.

Thanks.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Change SQL database name

Post by Kyleodonnell » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Label.creation

If you are using Power Forms you can do a database connection string replacement which you can find here https://www.nicelabel.com/resources/fil ... ide-en.pdf on page 262. However, if you are using just the Designer, you would need to point to the correct table.

label.creation
Newcomer

Post by label.creation » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 am

Thank you for your response.
However, when I open the form there is no file called DatabaseConnections.Config in the folder.

I've tried with both .xff file open and when the nicelabel file itself is open.

I've even searched the entire C:\ when the folders are open, including hidden files/folders and system folders.

The only two files in the %programdata%Nicelabel/Nicelabel 2017 folder that appear to change are license.db and wrkstinf.dat file

Do you have any more ideas for me to try?

Thank you

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Label.Creation,

The file itself doesn't come with the software, it has to be manually created. Copy the example on page 263 to a notepad and then simply sub in your database connections.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.21 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Thanks,

label.creation
Newcomer

Post by label.creation » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 am

Thank you very much! I'll do this now.