DATABASE TRANSFER FAULT

Pocket NiceLabel running on Windows Mobile devices

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

arnostj
Newcomer

DATABASE TRANSFER FAULT

Post by arnostj » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 pm

I have designed a form for WINCE with data table on it. It working fine on PC, data table is filled correctly.
But after transfer to the mobile device (MC3190, WinCE 6.0) form do not start - show me only window with table name. There are several files created by generator - CUST.PFF, CUST_db.sdf,CUST.LVX and CUST.PNL.

Do i have to copy database file somewhere to the device or how do i correctly transfer a database to the WINCE device?

This case is high urgent, please answer ASAP!

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: DATABASE TRANSFER FAULT

Post by dado » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Can you verify, if you have SQL CE server installed on your WinCE device. It should get installed with the NiceLabel application. The database is copied to the device automatically, there is no need for you to copy it by hand. Once you click on the "Save to Pocket PC" in the NiceForm the content will be copied to the device.

Regards

Damjan

arnostj
Newcomer

Re: DATABASE TRANSFER FAULT

Post by arnostj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 pm

There is an SQLserver 2005 compact edition which were installed with Pocket NiceLabel. As i mentioned before, there is created an small CUST_db.sdf file on the device, which seems to be the database file. I do not know how to open it and check if it contain any data. I have tried to open it like a text file, and there were no readable data. So it seems to me, that the database file is not generated correctly for some reason.

If it's possible, please, can I speak directly with You to discuss this problem ?

If so, please give me a contact (Phone, Skype), or place a call to:
Jan Arnost, +420 739 260 139, skype: arnostj

Thank You for Your help!

With best regards Jan.