Poor Quality Printing

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

sage12
Newcomer

Poor Quality Printing

Post by sage12 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:11 am

Hello All,
I am using a Thermal Transfer printer and having a problem printing larger barcodes. I have printed 1000's of smaller (2"X1") labels with no problem, but the problem occurs when I print a series of 4"X8" labels. After about the 5th label that is printed in a series, the printer starts to add a sort of tailing effect to the barcode. It only happens on the last 1/3 of the barcode as well. Each label starts off looking very good. Seems to me like a heat problem. I have adjusted the "sensitivity" on the printer from 120 to 567, on the printer, but I think I need to find a place to change it in the NiceLabel software as well since I am using the NiceDriver and it will override any printer setting made in the printer. Any suggestion/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Todd Ivy

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Poor Quality Printing

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Todd,

We recommend opening a support case with the support team as this will require more troubleshooting https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support