Atomated printing

Software technical issues not related to any of the other categories

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

zbina
Valued Contributor

Atomated printing

Post by zbina » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 am

Hello, I have a simple question.

I want to print labels automatically, after I scan barcode(s). Can be this done with the NiceLabel Designer PRO package, or do we need NiceLabel Automation package?

My goal is to print label automatically, after bar code is scanned, so no one needs to "press the print button". I hope you get my point. So far, you always did.

Nice label rulez!!
\:D/
Zdenek Bina.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Atomated printing

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Zbina,

You can use PowerForms to do this, you can set up actions that can print a label as soon as a value is scanned. However, you would need to have the user open a form to do this. If you want truly automated printing you would use automation, which simply runs as a service and can receive data and then print a label.

Haggens
Newcomer

Post by Haggens » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi Kyle, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the last sentence. Can you describe exactly how you'd set up the automated printing, please? We're toying with the idea too.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Haggens,

Please look at this sample that gets installed with automation C:\Users\Public\Documents\NiceLabel 2019\Automation\Samples\Scan & Print from Excel

Automation runs as a service so there is no user interaction needed such as hitting a print button, it takes data from outside sources and prints it automatically

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Haggens,

There are other samples as well to show you how automation can be setup C:\Users\Public\Documents\NiceLabel 2019\Automation\Samples