NiceLabel API hang when using EasyPrint

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

LindaPeterson
Newcomer

NiceLabel API hang when using EasyPrint

Post by LindaPeterson » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:48 pm

My environment:
Workstation is POS Ready with RDP version 7.0
Server is Windows 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
Easy Print functionality is disabled at the Group Policy on server
NiceLabel Pro DEmo version 5.2.3 build 4204
NiceLabel 5 SDK version 5.2.2.2865
Datamax 4205e Mark II printer - NiceLabel driver version 4.6.55 build 2912
Serial connection with printer attached to workstation

My Issue
When attempting to print a label from a redirected printer in Remote Desktop it the NiceLabel and our proprietary software, which uses the NiceLabel API hang when using EasyPrint.

IF I share the local printer and then map back to the shared printer from the server to install the driver I have not issue in printing a label.

In reviewing the properties of the redirected printer the model is Remote Desktop Easy Print
In reviewing the properties of the mapped printer the model is the Datamax MarkII

It appears the issue is with Easy Print functionality. Has anyone had success in printing labels from a redirected printer in this environment. IF so could you please share the software, driver, and/or server configuration.

Thank you.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: NiceLabel API hang when using EasyPrint

Post by Kyleodonnell » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Linda,

Currently Version 5 is End of Life as of July 1st, 2017 https://www.nicelabel.com/products/spec ... cle-policy we'd recommend upgrading to Nicelabel 2019.

However, it is recommended to turn off the remote desktop easy print which is laid out in this KB article https://www.nicelabel.com/support/knowl ... connection