PrintJobStatus not changing

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

dcody
Newcomer

PrintJobStatus not changing

Post by dcody » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 pm

So working on an SDK proof of concept console app with Asynchronous printing. I have the following code that I have grabbed from the SDK Examples for Asynchronous printing.

Code: Select all

// Print the specified number of labels and retrieve the PrintRequest interface.
this.printRequest = label.PrintAsync(1);

// Add handler for the PrintRequest's PrintJobStatusChanged event
this.printRequest.PrintJobStatusChanged += this.PrintRequest_PrintJobStatusChanged;

// Add handler for the PrintRequest's SpoolJobStatusChanged event
this.printRequest.SpoolJobStatusChanged += this.PrintRequest_SpoolJobStatusChanged;
I have created the events necessary but when I go to check the status, these events are never hit. The job status essentially stays at Created for the print job and Unknown for the Spooler status. I am unsure if this is a driver related issue or a code related issue. Any insight on troubleshooting this issue would helpful thanks.

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: PrintJobStatus not changing

Post by dado » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi there

Before we continue I would like to know whether the "SimpleAsyncPrintSample" project raises the two events if you run it.

I tried what you are suggesting here in the headquarters on a couple of computers and it seems to be working.

Let me know what happens with the "SimpleAsyncPrintSample"...

Regards, Damjan