I designed the labels, now how do I access and print them over a network?

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

jchristensen
Newcomer

I designed the labels, now how do I access and print them over a network?

Post by jchristensen » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Hello,

My goal is to create a way for mobile devices to be able to open up the PowerForm I created from the Control Center computer, potentially scan data to add to a couple variable fields in the label, then print it on demand (as in a Quality Assurance worker, scanning their ID and printing individual labels to apply to a built skid). I've designed multiple labels and created a PowerForm to quickly select which label to print and a way to print to multiple different printers, but they are only accessible from the host computer. How exactly do I go about accessing these labels from a mobile scanner running Android or Windows CE 6.5? I would like all label information to be accessed over the network, instead of loading them onto individual devices.

This is an on-going project to demo an all-in-one scanning, label design & printing, and mobile device management to prospective clients. I am using NiceLabel 2019 dealer demo license. I am new to the industry, but I have the advantage of being able to devote large amounts of time to this project.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: I designed the labels, now how do I access and print them over a network?

Post by Kyleodonnell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Jchristensen,

Right now there is no android or ios app to be able to run NiceLabel, there used to be an app for windows scanner called pocket Nicelabel, however that software is end of life for support for quite some time. We suggest reaching out to the support team as they could answer some of your questions if you give more detail. Please email support.americas@nicelabel.com