Serial numbers Export/save data to file

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Boost
Newcomer

Serial numbers Export/save data to file

Post by Boost » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 am

I'm designing a label in NIcelabel Designer 2019 and has some issues to export or save some data to a file. I have a serial number which consists of the order number with a 4 digit counter afterwards. So far there are no problems. I can print the label and the counter goes up.

We print labels in different quantity, manual input. I tried to use an event to save data to file, but only the first serial number is saved. Does anybody know how i can save or export all the serial number of a printing batch? I also want to save the current date of each serial number.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Serial numbers Export/save data to file

Post by Kyleodonnell » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Boost,

You would need to use a script that sets the counter value to something like [counter]=[Counter]+1. You will not be able to use an actual counter variable as the counter variable only updates when printing has finished. You would also use a for loop action as well as setting your save data to file to append to file and not overwrite it. We have attached a simple sample that should get you going in the right direction
Attachments
Sample.zip
(5.89 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Boost
Newcomer

Post by Boost » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks for your files, it helps me a lot to go in the right direction. I think most of the designing is ready, but i got 2 isseus. I used the counter you said, with the actual count variable a initial value. In the script i use: [LoopCounter]=[Loopcounter]+1 to raise the number. After i give the print command the labels are perfect, but the save to data file export number is 1 ahead.

Issue 2: Because i use a seperate counter for the export i'm missing digits in the output. The counter variable gives a 4 digit number starting 0001. But the export will only give 1.

Do you have any idea what im doing wrong?

I attached my solution.
Attachments
Nicelabel.7z
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Boost,

We'd recommend opening a support case so our team can take a look at your files https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support