please help, how to print from Excel sheet?

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

mehoctunho
Newcomer

please help, how to print from Excel sheet?

Post by mehoctunho » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:38 am

Hi guys,
I'm tasked with designing labels at my work and use excel to enter data. My first time using NiceLabel and I'm really having a hard time. Apologize in advance if a similar question has been asked, I tried to look around but failed to find a suitable solution. I basically have a label with barcodes....something like this:

Item A Serial number xxxxxxxxxxxx
Item B Serial number xxxxxxxxxxxx
Item C Serial number xxxxxxxxxxxx

We've been able to print ok by....going back to our label page in NiceLabel --> delete barcodes --> create new barcodes for every new set of items A,B,C. You can imagine it's very time consuming and we are at a point where we need to print hundreds of labels like this a day. So we thought we could use Excel as our database. For every label we would like to enter the serial numbers for A,B,C into Excel (the items themselves have barcodes so we can scan very fast into Excel) and Nicelabel will be able to automatically update the barcodes accordingly. The simpler way the better, of course :( Thank you all!

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: please help, how to print from Excel sheet?

Post by Kyleodonnell » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Mehoctunho,

You can watch this video here on how to print from excel https://www.nicelabel.com/learning-cent ... t-database the video is for NiceLabel 2017, but the steps are the same for NiceLabel 2019