Occasionally multiple labels, one label most of the time

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Haukinger
Newcomer

Occasionally multiple labels, one label most of the time

Post by Haukinger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 am

If found this old topic via google (viewtopic.php?t=1502) while looking for a way to print multiple labels.

My problem's that I have one label to print for almost all request codes. For some request codes, two or more labels have to be printed. Can I use a job file for those (conditional, like "if file exists(requestcode.job)") and directly print the associated label for normal request codes (either "else" or "if not file exists(requestcode.job)")?

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Occasionally multiple labels, one label most of the time

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Haukinger,

a Job file contains all of the print quantities, label variable and printers. You would have to have to sets of JOB files, one with a single label and the other with a multiple print quantity. How are you planning to print these jobs files? Through automation or through powerforms in NiceLabel?

Haukinger
Newcomer

Post by Haukinger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:34 pm

I'm going to use automation. The user scans a barcode on a part and expects the printer to output the set of labels he has to put on the part.

Most of the parts get one label, some get multiple labels. So my thinking was, I can analyse the barcode-data, select a label and fill the required variables and print, at least for the "one-label-barcodes".

For the multiple-label-barcodes, my idea was to create a job for each part-type that requires multiple labels and analyse the barcode-data, find the part-type, fill the variables and then execute the job (which in turn should print the required labels).

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Haukinger,

You can have two separate print actions
actions.PNG
actions.PNG (26.74 KiB) Viewed 290 times
and just use a condition on which action will run based on a value such as [mulitlabel]="y"