NL Automation 2 Labels into 1 PDF File

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Schwakowiak
Newcomer

NL Automation 2 Labels into 1 PDF File

Post by Schwakowiak » Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 am

Hello,
i have a problem with the Automation Center.
The Target is, to create a PDF File with two different Label Files. The first one is "Overview"-Label (Quantity: 1), followed by a FollowingLabel with a different Quantity (Get it from the Database).

If i create two several PDF-File, it works fine. For Example:
Good.PNG
Good.PNG (9.03 KiB) Viewed 100 times
I have tried some several ways to create just one PDF-File - no Success. Nicelabel always overwrites, the Overview-Label :/ I have tried the "Attach to file" Option at the Print_to_file Action in "Open_FollowingLabel".
Plan.PNG
Plan.PNG (27.6 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Later, i want to print one belonging job. The documentation describe the process, by printing to a file and send it to the printer. But when a simple PDF wont work, i guess the whole printing job get worsed.

Maybe you can help ?
Thank you!

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: NL Automation 2 Labels into 1 PDF File

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue May 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Schwaowiak

This is possible to do, but with automation enterprise as we have a redirect printing to PDF action that allows you to append to the file. We also have a print pdf action that allows you to select PDFS to print and send them directly to the printer, you would need to upgrade your license to LMS enterprise to utilize these features. Please contact sales.americas@nicelabel.com or if you are in EMEA sales@nicelabel.com