IF Logic in Label Design

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

NorthantsAndy
Newcomer

IF Logic in Label Design

Post by NorthantsAndy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:35 am

Hi guys

New to Nice Label so be kind!

Have a client how has NL Enterprise and makes use of Designer connect to MS Dynamics Business Central (So MS SQL). Business Central is a managed, SAAS platform so it's not possible to change the database structure easily (contracts and boundaries...not necessarily tech).

It's a retail client btw.

However, they have sales prices between two dates.

That is a "sell at price" as the norm of say £100, but between two dates, say the 1st April 2021 and 28th April 2021, there will be a "sale price" of £75, with an original RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of say £120.

So my questions is twofold:

For prices "sell at price" I have cracked merchandising labels, but is there a way of making the system know which value to parse to the price listing (i.e. "Sell at" or "Sale") on the day of printing.

OR

Within the Printing Form is it possible for the user to set a date range via the GUI and the relevant field is parsed to the label?

The latter would be preferable...so printouts for tomorrow (diff prices eg) can be created today.

I've gone round in circles for a while....hope someone has an idea!

Many thanks in advance
Andy

barcode.PNG
LABEL
barcode.PNG (14.62 KiB) Viewed 437 times
printing form.png
PRINTING FORM
printing form.png (56.28 KiB) Viewed 436 times